About our store
Thornton's Fine Jewelry has been serving Athens, GA since 1979. As a rare coin collector in the 70's, Joe Thornton developed an interest in precious metals as well. Joe and Delores Thornton opened a shop that ultimately evolved into Thornton's Fine Jewelry and has continually offered convenience and friendly service to the Athens area.
General Manager, Christine Thornton-Chaney has over 20 years of experience in sales and service. Christine has received the following from the Gemological Institute of America :
• Graduate Diamonds- Diploma, June 16, 2010
• Accredited Jewelry Professional- Diploma, June 27, 2007
• Color Stone Grading Lab- Certification, June 23, 2010
• Diamond Grading Lab- Certification, June 11, 2010
• Jewelry Essentials- Certification, June 27, 2007
• Colored Stones- Certification, October 14, 2005
• Diamond & Diamond Grading- Certification, October 4, 2005
•Diamond Essentials- Certification, September 16, 2002
•Colored Stone Essentials- Certification, September 16, 2002
Thornton's Fine Jewelry can take care of all your jewelry appraisal needs. We offer both verbal and written appraisals.
• Email Christine with any questions or comments
Sarah K, Sales Associate
All of your fine jewelry and gift needs under one red roof!